Friday, January 16, 2009

Week 1: Ideal Classroom Reflection

My ideal classroom setting would be at a school where I was free to teach how I wanted. There wouldn't be a test that measures exactly where each student is suppose to be, but a test that is based on personal achievment. My classroom would be fun and colorful but not to busy so the students wouldn't get distracted. There would be the student's art work posted on the walls and there would be a large updated map and math posters to help the students. There would also be different poems and quotes on the walls. The school's budget would be large enough that I could buy as many books and supplies that I would need to teach my lessons and we could go on plenty of field trips. All of my students would be willing to participate in the activites that we do and the whole class would all be friends. The goal of the classroom would be to be everyone's friend and not to have any tight little groups but have the whole class be one big group. They would feel the classroom was a safe environment away from all of their problems and even though everyone is different, they would all be the same. The parents will all cooperate and help the student with the homework they get from class. They will also read with their students at home. They would be supportive of how I taught and I wouldn't have to worry about a parent getting mad at me. I will use various techniques in the classroom such as movement and group projects. Each teaching strategy will work with the way each of my students learn and I will rotate each one so the students won't get bored. I will use different technologies to teach like power points, movies, projectors, and overheads. I will teach reading comprehension, math, science, language, music, social studies, P.E., and arts, but a lot of these will be combined with the other so I can fit everything in that I want to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment