Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Week 4 Reflection

This week we learned about digital stories. We watched a few examples and then got in our PODs to do the rest of the work. I think that digital stories take a lot of time and work but that they are very worth it. I enjoy making movies so it is fun for me take these videos now and I will continue to make them for not only my own life but to help teach my students. Digital stories also bring variety into the classroom, which I think is very important with teaching kids. You can keep the structure of the class but still have some different ways of teaching. With the technology that we have in our world, it is a great fun way to have the stuents get involved with technology. It is also useful to save paper becuase if the students create a digital story instead of the regular book, they won't waste paper and they will be able to have it for a longer amount of time. Also having students make digital stories is a different way of writing a story becasue it uses pictures that they didn't draw and they don't actually have to have word written down. It involved different media and with that gets kids to be more creative in the way they use it. Something you have to be careful of when making a digital story is keeping short. It is tempting to go over five minutes and add a lot of information into the story because there are so many resources out there to use.
The video this week was really interesting. I didn't know that so many astronauts died in flights or practices. I knew space flight was dangerous but I didn't think it was that fatal until I watched this video. I also thought it was cool how the video shared other things that have come from the NASA research. I didn't know that Kennedy was the President when Nasa sent a man to the moon and I really liked the speech that was in the video and how it sounded as if Kennedy was the speaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment