Monday, March 2, 2009

Lessons Learned

I have learned a lot about how technology is changing. I had no idea how many students would actually want a computerized teacher. I know that it may be possible on day to have the smartest computer teach our children but personally I would much rather have human teachers in my child's classroom rather than an electronic one. I think that a student can learn more skills when there is face to face contact besides just the curriculum that is being taught. I also found it interesting what ideas students have for our technological future and some of the things they would like to invent will happen because they are our future and will end up creating what they think students need. I also find that social networking can be beneficial if it is used in a controlled way. Students tend to spend too much time social networking because it is so convenient. I agree with the video that talks about how social networking sites can be educational but only to a certain extent. When students only worry about how many comments people posted on their site or only communicating with their friends through chat, it tends to overtake their lives and there is never anything educational with addictions.
Overall, technology is growing and we need to be aware of the new types of communication but I think it is still important to have the personal face to face contact that has been since the beginning of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment