Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week 8 Refelction

This past week I was working on my PDP. I learned a lot from the videos and the readings but I think that the survey was hard to really rate myself because I haven't taught or even thought of teaching students technology. I was an apprentice on almost every step because I wasn't a teacher who planned lessons. I think this survey would be more beneficial if I took it after I was teaching to get a good idea of where I stand compared to the NETS. But the survey was good to see what I already knew about technology and what was expected of me to teach. I was also a little confused with the whole workshop part of the PDP. I didn't really understand the workshops because we were learning how to teach students so I thought that we were supposed to create activities to help the students learn. But after I talked to other students I realized that the workshops were supposed to be for us to improve.

Video: Did You Know 3.0:
This is a very similar video to the other Did You Know video. The facts were updated which were a little more interesting for me to watch because of that. I think that it is good to understand how fast technology is growing and the need for teaching it in the classroom. It was good for me to compare what facts are in the first video and this one to see the changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment