Monday, March 2, 2009

My Beliefs

With technology growing so fast, I think that it is crucial in teaching and presenting with technology in the classroom. I think that there is something about technology that this generation of students can relate to easier than just the chalkboard. I have seen from experience that if we try to protect students completely, they will always find a way to get out from under that protection. I think that this goes with technology, the more we try to fight it and not let it into our classroom, the harder it is going to be to connect with our students. I feel that cell phones and personal computers can be a wonderful thing in the learning process but a lot of students seem to abuse them. I believe that we can successfully have a computer for each student and have each student working on something educational on the computer if they are always engaged. This can go with regular teaching, students won't be very bothersome when they are engaged and I think why not let them be engaged with something they are so interested in with the technology. It is going to help your atmosphere in the classroom more pleasant when students are interested in the items they are learning about and there are some many great resources out on the internet and different activities students can participate in if we try to incorporate technology into the classroom. It is hard to do when not every student has a computer but there are things you can do with just one computer in the classroom and I think you don't always have to use a computer to teach. Making class interesting is about changing the way you teach all the time and I think that you need to use all types of teaching styles to have a successful classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment