Sunday, April 5, 2009

Week 12 Reflection

This week in the elementary school we worked on the computers twice. Our class was never scheduled a time to go to the computer labs so they have a traveling computer lab where there are 30 laptop computers that are on this cart where they all plug in and they sign up to take this computer cart. We were able to work on the computers and find more about the different biomes but that was all they had time to work on with the computers. We also used a power point to help us teach the Pony Express and I think that the students really enjoyed it because they don't see a lot of technology besides the over head projector. My partner and I are going to be switching classrooms this next week to teach our unit in a technology integrated classroom where there is a computer for every two students. I am interested to see how much the teacher actually uses the computers and what she uses them for. I think that it is really unfair to have so many students with the ability to access computers so easily but then have the class I am working with and I am sure there are a few others as well that don't have a constant access to any computers. But at least they can use the computer cart and have some access to computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment