Friday, April 17, 2009

Week 14 Reflection

This week was our first week back after our field experience. It was a busy week but in technology we learned about attaching videos to our websites. This was very helpful, especially when we want to have the students watch a video they can just click the link instead of having to type in the URL. We also attached out Webquest to our website and knowing how to do this will take ease off of teaching technology and trying to have students type in a web address and I have 30 students that I need to make sure if they typed in the right address. I think webquests are great tools for students to use. They are able to learn by discovery and usually that creates a better memory of what they learned. I think that students also enjoy webquests because their assessments aren't always the same test of quiz they have to take. Also having these links on our website, other teachers can have students do the same one by going to my website. That creates a better teaching team by working together and I think the students can recognize how strong the teaching team is and they can feel more comfortable.

School House Rock- Noun Video:
I love school house rock and I think that these videos are a lot of fun for the students to watch, while they are educational. I think it is important to have the students learn the songs as well as watch them, that way the concepts stay with them a lot longer. I would use this video to teach about nouns, I would give each student the lyrics of the song, and first have them listen to it and then sing along with the video. I would then review the song with them everyday until they have it memorized.

No comments:

Post a Comment