Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Week 15 Reflection

This is our final reflection and this class has been a lot of fun! I have learned about WebQuests, which I had no idea what it was before this semester and I just finished creating on with my group. I think that this class has opened up my eyes to the need to teach technology, but there is also a lack of funding to bring technology to the schools. I think that once we get out of this recession we might be able to start adding more computers and so on in the classrooms. I think that teachers in the school now need to take a course on using technology to teach because the teacher I observed hardly ever used technology to teach because she didn't know how. I hope that as I start teaching I will be able to remember what I learned in this semester to use technology in the classroom.

Video- Do You Believe In Me?
I thought this was an awesome video. It made me realize how much the students need good teachers that believe in them. I think that many teachers get in a rut after a few years and just do the same things over and over again each year. This video inspired me to not ever get in a rut, to change it up each year with the different students that I will meet. I think every teacher needs to hear this speech because I think we all have heard this from principals and district leaders but it is different to hear it from a student.

No comments:

Post a Comment